Synchronicities

 

I didn't get the mentoring, the apprenticeship, the learning in a controlled environment to learn how to succeed on my own.

Learning how to problem-solve, how to course-correct, how to survive in an environment without having an emotional crisis that wreaks havoc on my self-worth.

Everything in my life has taught me: If I get something wrong, then I am wrong and my value on this earth grows less and less.

What I've learned is that so many people out there had someone else to take them under their wing while I had nothing and had to do everything on my own, which is why I have never succeeded and am left with shame and low self-worth.

So I shouldn't blame myself for what I haven't been able to achieve, because I had been wrongly neglected by my family, by my mentors, by my communities, by the adults in my life.

Don't blame yourself for something that wasn't your fault.

You were overlooked and that is why you feel shame. 

But now you know the truth of the matter and can remove the burden that was never yours.

Now that you have done that you can learn how to accomplish things for yourself and how truly fulfilling it will be.

You can learn that although you didn't have anyone there to help you, you still made it out anyway.

Be proud that you made it out alone, because someone who has done that is strong.

And although you didn't get to where other people are by the same means, you still sharing the podium with them.

Comments