jots & dabbling
jan 7
the fear within me is something i cannot pinpoint
oct 30
sometimes I think about the descent from probable potential
the expectations you probably receive when you hold your baby in your arms for the first time
it's too much; too much that is put on you when you first come from the womb
that my child will be successful, intelligent, and have a good heart
they will take care of me when they are older and will start a family of their own, too
never the expectation that they could take the wrong path, like develop a debilitating mental illness
abuse substances and never reach their fullest potential
that my child will grow up to be a jaded failure.
you think you did everything right
you moved to a better country with less corruption, less crime
nicer houses, cars, better jobs, and better education
you did everything you could to make sure your child would have a better outcome at life
than if they had grown up in a poorer country
yet somewhere, somehow something still went wrong
my children aren't happy, aren't successful or motivated
perhaps the expectation was too great?
perhaps it was the clash between cultural upbringing?
perhaps we were never meant to achieve western standards of greatness
and you put all your bets on the odds that your children would turn out that way
when really, it just turned out to be the other
what if the problem wasn't the child but the expectation itself?
sep 23
empty room in daylight with the window open
sunlight peaking through and the outside world is faintly audible
the essence of the person can be made known through their belongings
but the person is not there
there is a sense of intrusion being there when they are not
there is a quietness and intimateness felt by you
that can only be felt when the other person is not there
you are the invader
everything belongs there except you
the cool wind coming from the window
the sound of cars, the rush, the people outside
the smell of the person's belongings
an essence of them that is not there
almost like a ghost but this still applies even if they're alive or not
there is a strange feeling of being in someone's room when they are away
like the feeling of knowing them and them being away creates a rift of loss
the feeling of being so closely intimate to someone minus the person themselves
it's about as close you can get to knowing someone without them there
when people say things like they wish they could leave their house to live their lives without the pandemic it brings a little sadness to me
I am apart of my room
I've made the room for myself
without the person in the room the room is missing the centrality of itself
maybe the sadness is due to the fact that the room cannot go wherever the person goes
it's always waiting for them to come back
when the person leaves to go live their life in other places, other rooms, myself personifies itself as the room because I know what it feels like to have someone leave me alone with only the essence of themselves to remember
I never get to come with them I am just another belonging that is left at home
if the room and its belongings were alive I bet they would feel this sadness too
sep 16
at night I wake up with a terrible poison in me
I am sure that I am free of my body
that I am a wandering soul in the dark
I am not me but I am my thoughts unaccompanied
I am personified by my dark thoughts:
"I am not worthy of life
with every right my life deserves to be over
my life has served no meaning nor purpose to the greater world
when I awake I will pass over
and I am sure that I will die"
sep 10
sometimes I think of myself as an unreliable judge of information
sometimes I wonder if my thoughts are better to be unobserved or observed
I know that I am happier when I think less of my emotions and go through life without the reflection
sep 7
I don't have enough love to love myself let alone someone else
some people think its ok to give all your love to someone else
because it would be like getting the love that you give
maybe their onto something maybe they've just found the right person to give that love to
but people always say you have to be whole before you can expect to receive love from others
so what comes first?
everyday I convince myself I'm better than the day before
the day after that I convince myself I was wrong
sep 6
art exists in a world where the real world is more interesting than art
//or where the art is worse than the real thing
//imagine living in a world where the real world is more interesting than the art itself
life isn't lived out in the real world its through introspection and isolation... just kidding...
sep 3
sometimes I wish to perish of a broken heart
to lie in bed and feel my heartbeat slowly fade away in my chest
what it would feel like to lie in bed in complete stillness, in complete silence
and to feel my chest no longer rise from the need of breath
but I wouldn't want death or to experience passing
I just want to lie there in perfect placidity
observing, like the human mind likes to do
seemingly dreamlike but entirely real
like the stillness of the horizon that is too great for the human eye to capture
and then slipping away into my own thoughts without having to come back to reality
my longing for happiness grows immense
the yearning for life experience
for change
for laughter, joy, love
life cannot be just sadness and lethargy
this poem sucks
there will come a time when the coin flips on its head
because it can't always be tails
that goes against its nature
so when will life land on happiness?
am I just watching too much art?
listening to too many love songs?
is my yearning for connection with others a smoke screen
are my emotions just a reflection of what it lacks
am I answering my questions with questions?
nobody is (aug 27)
nobody is meant to journey through life alone
nobody was
we are social creatures
we were meant to be challenged by someone who wanted the best for us
wait for those people
your life has been lived 10 times over
the answers to your problems lies in the fabric of history
what is your contribution to the collective human consciousness?
understanding love and hate
the last time I felt truly understood it made me cry
sometimes I cry at things when they are too beautiful
sometimes I cry when things are too sentimental and traumatic
but feeling understood is both of those two feelings combined
apr 1, '21 (original date) , inspired by soaked who told me to write a poem
by the time i’ll know better
the disposition of my teeth will be
crooked and brown
and gravity will have pulled me
closer to the ground
what it is to love beyond physicality!
i’m happier when i am with flaws
and become anxious when they disappear
because they will appear within me
to be accepted for beauty is to live with paranoia
to change yourself is to accept discomfort
accept what can’t be changed
to see yourself is beauty
to age is to grow a beautiful mind
the disposition of my teeth will be
crooked and brown
and gravity will have pulled me
closer to the ground
what it is to love beyond physicality!
i’m happier when i am with flaws
and become anxious when they disappear
because they will appear within me
to be accepted for beauty is to live with paranoia
to change yourself is to accept discomfort
accept what can’t be changed
to see yourself is beauty
to age is to grow a beautiful mind
aug 3, '21
in my incomplete outlines of you
my mind filled in gaps of detail
that were not yours
and they played against me
Comments
Post a Comment